Before plucking the long haired rabbit, it is necessary to properly comb the rabbit's hair to prevent entanglement and adhesion. After plucking the hair of a long haired rabbit, it is necessary to strengthen its feeding management, feed it with easily digestible and nutritious feed, and supplement it with some vitamins appropriately. Let's talk about more related matters below.
Proper depilation of long haired rabbits can stimulate hair growth, increase fur production, and accelerate their metabolism and blood circulation, helping to improve their resistance and reduce skin diseases. Therefore, appropriately plucking the hair of long haired rabbits is beneficial for their health and can also increase the production of rabbit hair.
However, when plucking rabbits, it is necessary to master the plucking technique and carry out relevant management to prevent operational errors, damage to the rabbit's skin and hair follicles, and damage to skin health. Therefore, it is necessary to carry out corresponding management for the rabbits before and after plucking.
1. Before plucking a long haired rabbit, use a comb to comb its hair smoothly to prevent entanglement and adhesion.
2. On the day before hair removal, give 2 dexamethasone tablets to the long-haired rabbit that needs to be removed to expand its hair follicles and facilitate removal.
3. Before plucking, disinfect the rabbit's body and the necessary tools for plucking. When pulling out the hair, the force should be moderate. Hold the rabbit with your left hand and pull out the hair of the long haired rabbit with your right hand. Disinfect the removed hair and place it on a clean plastic cloth or newspaper. After plucking the long haired rabbit, thoroughly wipe and disinfect its body with 75% alcohol cotton balls.
4. If the skin of a long haired rabbit experiences tearing, promptly treat its wound and disinfect it with iodine tincture or purple medicine to avoid bacterial infection. If the wound deteriorates, it is important to take timely medication for treatment.
5. After plucking the hair of a long haired rabbit, it is necessary to supplement it with appropriate nutrients, such as protein, minerals, vitamins, and other trace elements. The growth of rabbit hair requires a large amount of nutrients, and if the rabbit lacks nutrients, it may lead to slow growth, poor quality, and dull hair.
6. After plucking, the resistance and immunity of long haired rabbits will decrease. Feeding mainly strengthens the hygiene management of the breeding environment to prevent bacteria and microorganisms from invading, leading to the infection of diseases in long haired rabbits. The feeding staff regularly replace the bedding, maintain the cleanliness of the cage, and disinfect it regularly.
The above are some management measures that need to be taken before and after pulling the hair of the long haired rabbit, as introduced by the editor. Each animal should learn the correct method of pulling the hair to avoid damage to the skin of the long haired rabbit. If you have any further matters, please come to our website http://www.inxfhmh.cn Consult!