Jersey long haired rabbit is a small pet rabbit variety with a small and cute appearance, short and upright ears, and long fur on the body. There are many colors, usually darker, and the entire body appears round and rolling.
The Jersey long haired rabbit is a new mating breed developed in the 1980s between French Angora and dwarf rabbits. It was only after continuous mating that the current hair quality and body shape were developed. And its name is named after the birthplace of the breeder in New Jersey.
The Jersey long haired rabbit is a pet rabbit with a petite size, a standard weight of less than 3.5kg, ears no longer than 3, and fur no shorter than 1.5. The standard body shape of this type is short and round, with a large and round head, and some long hair growing around the head. The ideal length of the ear is around 6cm, and the eyes also appear in a circular shape. The growth state of hair on the body is dense and abundant, with an ideal length of about 5cm to 7.5cm. If the Jersey Long haired Rabbit has a slender body, a slender face, sparse hair on the ears, and a tendency to produce hair balls, it is considered a failed Jersey Long haired Rabbit.
The Jersey Hare has a very gentle personality, and does not resist being held or groomed. It is not very self assertive, and does not require its owner to do anything or be capricious.
The ideal food for Jersey long haired rabbits is feed and hay, and the selection of feed should pay attention to some issues, such as some foods that are not suitable for long haired rabbits to eat. Therefore, there are some suggestions for the feed ratio of Jersey long haired rabbits.
1、 The Scientific Formula of Full Price Feed for Long Hair Rabbits
Corn 17%, bran 24%, soybean meal (cooked) 21%, imported fish meal 3%, active yeast 3%, grass meal 30%, salt 0.75%, methionine 0.4%, appropriate amount of vitamins, microelements, livestock and poultry use an appropriate amount of concentrated Cod liver oil, and 30 grams of olaquindox are added to every 50 kg of feed.
2、 Precautions when designing feed formulas
1. It is strictly prohibited to use moldy, spoiled or toxic raw materials. For example, non detoxified vegetable cake, cotton kernel cake, etc.
2. The ratio should be correct, and the mixing should be uniform, especially when using various additives, it is necessary to clearly read the dosage and usage method on the instruction manual.
3. Raw soybean cakes and soybeans contain harmful ingredients such as anti trypsin factors and urease, which have adverse effects on rabbits. Therefore, they should not be fed raw and must be cooked.
4. Do not choose low-quality miscellaneous bone meal and feather meal to ensure the hygiene and safety of feed.
5. Alfalfa grass powder should be the first choice for grass powder, followed by peanut vine powder, weed powder, rice straw powder, and soybean straw powder.
6. The grass powder in the young rabbit feed should not exceed 20%.
7. The feed for long haired rabbits should be kept stable for a long time, from young rabbits until elimination, and the feed formula should not be changed casually during the process to ensure normal nutritional needs and achieve stable and high yield.