The focus of winter rabbit breeding management is to provide cold and insulation for rabbits. In addition, due to the relatively low temperature and short sunshine time in winter, there is a shortage of green feed, which also brings certain difficulties to rabbit breeding. I hope the following sharing from manufacturers of Mengyin Changmao Rabbit can bring you help and help rabbits pass the winter smoothly.
1. Do a good job in cold prevention and insulation. Although the temperature is relatively low in winter, except for newborn rabbits, the temperature in the rabbit shed does not require warmth. It is only necessary to keep the rabbit shed relatively stable and avoid sudden heat and cold! In addition, pay attention to closing the doors and windows of the rabbit coop to prevent the invasion of thieves' wind, and hang a grass curtain in front of the rabbit coops to prevent the invasion of cold wind.
2. Properly strengthen breeding management. In winter, the temperature is relatively low, and the breeder needs to frequently replace the bedding in the rabbit nest to keep the rabbit house dry. If you need to pick fur for rabbits, you must choose to do it at noon or in the afternoon, when there is sunlight and the temperature is relatively suitable. Avoid cutting the fur for rabbits when a cold wave strikes.
3. Supplementary feed supply. In cold winter, rabbits need to consume more calories, so the feeding amount in winter should be 20% to 30% higher than usual. When providing formula feed, the proportion of energy feed should be appropriately increased, such as adding an appropriate amount of corn, barley, sorghum and other feed for feeding. If rabbits are fed powder, they can be mixed with warm water and fed less frequently to prevent the leftovers from freezing and damaging the intestines and stomach after feeding. In addition, give rabbits an appropriate amount of feed such as vegetable leaves and carrots every day to prevent vitamin deficiency.
4. Do a good job in winter breeding and breeding. Winter breeding and breeding is a key task for rabbits in winter. As long as the rabbits are well insulated and protected from cold, the survival rate of their offspring bred in winter will not be low. However, the lactation period for winter breeding rabbits should be longer, and it is advisable not to implement rabbit blood matching in winter, as it is advisable to breed one litter.
5. Mature wool harvesting technology. Rabbits are a breed of rabbits with high wool production, and winter wool harvesting is also an important task for rabbits. Wool picking is generally done by plucking, and should be done by pulling long and keeping short. Rabbits should be plucked once a month. Pulling hair from rabbits can promote blood circulation, increase hair production, and increase the proportion of coarse hair. However, it should be noted that it is not advisable to pluck young rabbits, pregnant rabbits, and lactating rabbits.
That's all for this sharing. I hope this introduction can help rabbit owners better help rabbits survive the winter. If you have any doubts or needs about this, please come to our website http://www.inxfhmh.cn Consult!